The Central Avian Research Institute (CARI), a premier Research Institute in Asian continent, ever since its inception in 1979, has played a vital role in transforming country’s backyard poultry farming into a vibrant and highly commercialized poultry industry by providing technological support and professional manpower. The institute offers superior genetic stocks of quails, turkeys, Guinea fowls, indigenous fowls, ducks, broilers and layers along with package of nutritional, management and healthcare practices; and processing technologies for eggs and poultry meat to acceleration the above services institute has established Agribusiness Incubation Centre (ABI) in January 1, 2016.
The Central Avian Research Institute has established Agribusiness Incubation Centre (ABI) and Institute Technology Management Unit (ITMU) to serve farmers, stockholders and anyone interested in poultry and allied ventures. It strives to be a strong link between the research community and the poultry farmers as well as entrepreneurs engaging the similar activities. It promotes Agribusiness Ventures through technology development and commercialization, processing for everyone from a corporate to an individual farmer.
• To nurture innovations through creation and development of agri-businesses to benefit the poultry farming community in the region.
• To facilitate commercialization of poultry production technologies by promoting and supporting poultry and allied business ventures.
• To promote successful poultry business ventures in order to benefit the entrepreneurs through new markets, products and services.
• Promotion of poultry & allied businesses through commercialization of technologies.
• Skill development of entrepreneurs through hands-on training.
• Preparation of DPRs for entrepreneurs for seeking loans.
• Consultancy services on poultry farming and allied activities.